Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tablescape Thursday: Paris Themed

I am joining Susan for Tablescape Thursday at her site Between Naps on the Porch.  I have often heard that spring is the time to visit Paris.  I will probably never visit France but it is fun to go there for Tablescape Thursday.  

So, I packed my luggage and I set up my little table for two in France. 
You can't go to Paris and not visit the Eiffel Tower.  My children picked this souvenir up in France at Epcot in Walt Disney World.

The French take time to enjoy their meals.  So we will stay awhile and have an appetizer, small salad, and then the main course.  Sherbets from thrift store.
Salad Plate from TJMaxx.

French map plate made by 3-G Imports purchased at TJMaxx.

I have had these trunks awhile. Purchased at a discount retailer to decorate my living room.

The urn is used a lot in French and shabby decor.  I lined this with sheet moss and placed a silk fern in it.
Thanks for playing along for my travel themed table.  Please join Susan at her site to view all of the tablescape fun.


Gloria said...

Hello! Love the beautiful colored salad plate and LOVE the French map plate! How fun and different. Great job, thanks for sharing.
Best regards,

ellen b said...

What fun! I like the accessories you put together for your Paris table!!

Jeannine said...

Great idea for a table. Thanks for sharing

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Ooh La La! Very chic. Those maps of france plates are fabulous! I hope you are eating french food and have a fabulous champagne!

Mimi said...

Cute table for two...I have those same salad plates, they are my favorites!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is really neat! I like all the details!

I have those plates in butterscotch yellow! Love them in all the colors, wish I had all of them!


Tricia said...

Such a lovely and clever table setting! I MUST find those France map plates for my son. He was a French major, and he and his bride-to-be are going to Paris for their honeymoon. He would adore those plates!

Susan said...

What a clever and pretty table! I especially like the map plates because they are the whimsical surprise element on your table. Thanks for sharing such a creative table.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the map plate you used as a charger here!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Lovely and creative tablescape. I love love love those salad plates and they make my heart sing everytime I see them. But the blue are especially gorgeous. I have some Eifel towes too. We lived in Germany about 38 years ago
and we got to go to Paris, it was the thrill of a lifetime. You never expect to see what you saw in a Geography book, so I shall never forget it! Am glad you have such fun traveling in your imagination, that is a better choice these days!! lol
Again a lovely idea and tablescape, thanks for sharing it.
Blessings, Nellie

Atticmag said...

Very cle-vair way to travel as the French would say. Your plate color is one of my favorites. Also, thanks for taking time to stop by and see us (trust you got in on our giveaway). -- Jane F.

Liz said...

I love a Paris theme! And you dishes are beautiful. Good job! :)


laurie @ bargain hunting said...

So funny that we both chose to do a French theme for TT - great minds... I love those map plates! The "trunks" are such a clever touch. I think you went to a much classier French restaurant than we did! laurie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love Paris in the Springtime! Your table is so pretty and Frenchy!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Very cute! I love your French-themed "travel" table! I love those blue plates so much...I've looked at them many times at TJMaxx!
The map plates are very unique! I've never seen those before.

Ridgely (a/k/a Grandma J) said...

Now I'm eager to try a city-themed tablescape! Thanks for the inspiration -- I enjoyed your table so much.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

So beautiful!!! Cheers, Lia

P.S. I am a new follower!!

Carmie, the Single Nester said...

Bon appetit!


Related Posts with Thumbnails