Friday, April 16, 2010

My Favorite Things: Organic Decor

I am joining Laurie at her site Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie for My Favorite Things.   Please go over to her site and view some of the posts where bloggers are featuring there favorite things.   One of my favorite things has always been the appeal of Mother Nature.  I love anything from the outside brought indoors for the simple pleasure of getting to stare at it.
 We bring the outdoors in all the time with our decor.
 The colors in nature are the most vivid.  
Or the most subdued. 
Shells brought home from a trip to the beach.
 Attracted to shells in all forms.
A butterfly as art.
A fern pressed as art.
Leaves pressed, grapevines, and burlap's texture work wonders for fall tables.
 Image from
And then as winter sets in, we bring as much indoors as we can.
Pumpkins that say BOO. 
Mantels that warm.
And the finale to our decorating, when all is cold and dreary outside.  We bring in a whole tree and make it the most beautiful thing in the world.


Blondie's Journal said...

We are kindred spirits, Sherry. I love the grand finale...the Christmas tree. I never thought how we choose the middle of winter to bring in a WHOLE tree!! Funny but true. Love this post!!

Have a wonderful weekend! :-)


Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Love it all. you hit on a lot of my favorite things as well!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sherry, I couldn't agree more - I love holiday and seasonal decor so much. The pictures you posted are so pretty. Love the candle with the sea shells and that Christmas tree at the end is beautiful. Thank you so much for joining Favorite Things with some of my favorite things! laurie

vignette design said...

What a wonderful post. I love nature too and love bringing in bits and pieces from outside to display.

xinex said...

Love all the pictures, so many lovely things!...Chistine

The Inspired Nest said...

I love the picture above your mantle. Do you know the name of the artist? My mom had a small one hanging in our hallway when I was a kid. Once I saw it memories came flooding back! The gifts of nature in decor are truly special!

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Love ALL your favorite things!

Laura said...

I love bringing the outside in.
What a lovely post. I am linking to the same party, so stop by if you have time.


I am now a follower.

Joanne Kennedy said...

What great photos. I agree, Mother Nature gives us the best gifts! We are so lucky really because the best things in life are free.


Sarah said...

Sherry, I agree with you about bringing things from nature into our homes. I'm drawn to organic items both in decorating in in jewelry. The natural shapes are so appealing to me. This is a terrific post. You did a beautiful job of pulling it all together and your ending is perfect. Thanks for sharing!!!

Sonia said...

My favorite things to decorate with are, nests, twigs, rocks, shells or anything that brings nature in my your blog and this is such a beautiful post!

Miss Bloomers

Creations By Cindy said...

What a great party! Love your seashells candle theme. Be blessed.Cindy

Wanda Lee Of The Plumed Pen said...

I love this fabulous post with all of the delightful ideas on how to bring the wonders of nature and the outdoors inside, for all of our seasonal decor and wonderful party decor as well!.., Thanks so much for sharing this for Chari's 'Sunday Favorites' post..,

Please do pop by for a visit sometime as well..,

Cheers from Wanda Lee

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

My friend, what a fabulous post and I totally agree! I love to decorate by bringing the "outdoors" in!!! I loved all of your beautiful photos...thank you so much for sharing them with us for Sunday Favorites this week, my friend! Loved this post!

Have a fabulous week, Darlin'!
Chari @Happy To Design


Related Posts with Thumbnails