Monday, April 19, 2010

Bottles, bottles, everywhere...

 Image Pottery Barn
Everywhere I look I am seeing bottles.  They look coastal.
 
 Image from Pottery Barn
They look romantic glowing with candles.
You get the idea.  They are showing up in decor everywhere.  And, a vintage bottle is always a great find.  So shopping the antique stores recently I came across two.
 

This bottle is similar to PB's in the first picture.  It is encased in wicker, old, and really unique.  I priced the one similar to mine, 16 inches high on PB's website, it was $179.00.  My bottle at local antique store $18. 

 
 I don't have a comparison for this bottle but it has all the great features of a vintage bottle.  The great green color, thick uneven glass with flaws, and bubbles that show it has been hand blown.  This bottle has a round bottom, so it can't even sit upright, that has me really intrigued.  This bottle I got for $5.

If you don't have any luck at an antique store.  I found this really cute bottle at TJMaxx for just $4.99.  It came with this really neat tin seahorse tag.  Love that.  I purchased the corks for the last two bottles at Walmart in the craft department.

 I will be joining these parties:
Three or More Tuesday at The Gypsy's Corner. 
2nd Time Around at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words.
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm.
Toot Your Own Horn Tuesday at Silly Little Sparrow.

 
 

 
 
 

10 comments:

Linda said...

You got some very cool bottles. Love the one with the rounded bottom.

Jeanne said...

Love your bottles, especially the wicker covered one. that is a treasure. The round bottom one may have held wine. It would keep the wine cork wet if it can't stand up. ??? Interesting huh?

Have a happy day.
Hugs, Jeanne

A Cottage Muse said...

There is a basket full of those round bottomed bottles in my shop ~ I just might have to bring home a few!!

Lori E said...

These are so great for decorating. They can go into so many different styles of decor.
Oh dear...look at that strawberry shortcake beside this comment form. Spectacular.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Love your bottles! especially the round bottomed one..so unique. I have a couple wicker wrapped ones that were my Dad's. I think they are just the coolest thing. How do thay do that?! LOL
Great post and great finds. Love the seahorse too ;)
*hugs*deb

Denise Marie said...

cool. I have some cool beachcomber bottles culled from the Eastern Shore, VA at Chesapeake Bay area. I have placed them in the window of my muddroom.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Love your bottles, and how smart to go get corks to put in them. Love that wicker wrapped bottle. laurie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What COOL looking bottles...thanks for sharing them at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!

Blessings,
Linda

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great find on the wicker covered bottle. You got it for a great price too! Love the colors of the other bottles.

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh I would've been smiling ear to ear with that wicker bottle! I have been on the look out for one, but no luck! Good for you!! I love them :)
Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails