Sunday, April 25, 2010

Botanical Print Makeover

 My little boy; who was three at the time, had collected some fall leaves and we pressed them.  I had them in a frame in my living room.  He is really crazy about trees so we have done more than a few projects involving trees.  The teenagers (his brothers) have unintentionally knocked the frame off the wall several times.  So, the frame finally broke.  It can be repaired but,  I decided to try something new on that wall.  I had a plan to again use Vintage Printable and print out some botanical prints for a grouping on my wall.
Taking a tip from Mary Carol Garrity; famous for her store Nell Hills in Atchison, KS, I used pieces of paper taped on the wall to space my pictures out.  
I have always wanted framed botanical prints in a grouping but, I have never found a way to spend money on art.  This was a affordable solution.  I had the frames from a sale at Hobby Lobby, they were 40% off (around $4 each). 
Now if the teenagers will try not to knock them off the wall they should be alright.  I will give the pressed leaves a new home in my littlest one's bedroom.
I am linking this post to:
 Please visit these ladies and see what other wonderful ideas bloggers are contributing. 
                                                       

14 comments:

burlap+blue said...

LOVE these--so pretty! Have some similiar in my home....thanks for sharing!

Atelier de Charo said...

Very pretty.

Hugs
Charo

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

pretty frames..

CIELO said...

Very pretty and nice done! I love how that wall spiced up with those pretty pics.... well done! Bless you and yours as well as the cottage you live in. Thanks for participating in "Show Off Your Cottage Monday"

Cielo

Allison Shops said...

They look very nice - great job! Dropping by from BNOTP, #7.

Allison

Creations By Cindy said...

Very nice! Be blessed. Cindy

Sylvia said...

Beautiful...they belong in a magazine....love it.

Sylvia

Dirty Hands-Beautiful Life said...

Mmmm...maybe I should try that and cut down on the nail holes. Cute vignette!!

I want to invite you to stop by my place for my very first "Shop Your House" party this Wednesday!!

Happy NTT!! Hope to see you at Dirty Hands, Beautiful Life soon :)

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Looking good! Great idea too!
Stopping by from NTT.
*hugs*deb

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sooooo PRETTY...looks outstanding! Happy NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Very pretty and a clever way to get the look you wanted without spending lots of cash. I found you on Nifty Thrifty Tuesday from Coastal Charm.

alice said...

So Glad I found you from NTT. Darling project.
smiles, alice

Denise Marie said...

looks wonderful all together and really makes up the wall area.

Kiera said...

very good idea...
http://chambersmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/oopsturnedawesome.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails