Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tablescape Thursday: Pottery Barn Inspired

I am joining Susan today for Tablescape Thursday at her site Between Naps on the Porch.  I saw a table I liked on Pottery Barn's website and it was my original inspiration for this table.  The thing I loved most about it was the grapevine chargers around the plates.
Image from potterybarn.com 
Pottery Barn's chargers were made out of the smaller grapevine you can find it at Trees n' Trends or most stores like that.  We don't have a Trees n' Trends as near as I would like.  So, I fashioned my chargers out of a 12 inch grapevine wreath.  Here is what I did.

I unwrapped the large piece of grapevine from the wreath that was holding it together.  
I then pulled the wreath apart and used only about 2/3 of the grape vine material for my charger.  The wreath was just too full.  I then shaped the wreath which actually measures 10 inches across to a full 12 inches across and I fit the plate down into it to make it look right. 

Next, I took a green floral wire and secured the wreath as compact as I could get it.  The idea was to make it as level as you can and not too tall because you are going to sit a plate in it. 

This is what my finished grapevine charger looked like.  It wasn't just like the PB table's but it was  close.  The main goal was to capture the organic feel of the table.
Here is the completed place setting.  The dinner plate is by Better Homes and Gardens.  The salad plate is Shenandoah  by Noritake.  I made the napkins.  The table cloth is burlap.
Easter Bunny is going around and gathering Robin's eggs to put in his big basket.  One of my other favorite things about this table and the PB table were these little organic rabbits.  This one is made out of some natural plant fibers.  I am not really not sure what it is, but it really resembles fur.  The nest I got at Trees n' Trends.  The vase is an antique jar.

The eggs are Brach's Robin Eggs.  The table runner is a just a piece of fabric, pressed and finished with no sew fabric trim.
Tulips were on clearance at Walmart.  The Forsythia is fake from Hobby Lobby.  The little basket on the left my Grandmother and Grandfather got for me when they were in Eastern Kentucky.  It is handmade and has a grapevine handle. 

Click on any picture to enlarge
 My table isn't an exact copy of Pottery Barn's but you can reproduce or get the feel of their tables without spending a lot of money.   Please go to Susan's site and check out all the spring tables.  With a holiday coming the tables should all be inspiring.

24 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

How cute. I love the charger idea. I'm going to give this a try. Your little bunny with the robbin eggs are darling.

Hugs,
Joanne

Dining Delight said...

I really like how your "chargers" turned out! Your 'scape is lovely! Its so true, that you can take a picture as an inspiration and make it your own without spending a fortune buying everything they're trying to sell! I think you did a fabulous job recreating the PB picture!

DD

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a charming idea to use grapevine for a charger! Joni

rojospa said...

Great idea with the grape vine wreath! I saw those chargers at Pottery Barn but, as I recall they were quite expensive....wonderful alternative! Happy Easter!

Lori Lucas said...

I'm going to steal your charger idea. I also loved those PB chargers, but not the price. I can handle the ones you made. Thanks. It's great! Lori

Maria said...

Hi! I just happened to walk through Pottery Barn a week or so ago... fell in love with their table scapes... so nicely done...
I must say you did a GREAT job replicating it! Your wreath idea is fabulous!
love the bird nests too!
Wonderful!
~Maria

Julie said...

Cute cute cute loving all the bunnies
xoxo
Julie

Natasha said...

This is so beautiful and I think that your table has a really charming feel to it. Thanks for sharing your great idea about the charger too.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Lady Katherine said...

Love your inspiration! I used grapevine wreath and used candles at different heights for centerpieces! But this is great! I love it! I been thinking about weaving some pine straw placemats. Love your idea!

Shaunna said...

Beautiful! I love taking some Pottery Barn inspiration! And thank you for sharing how to make the placemats...perfect! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your kind comments -shaunna :)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very cute! Nice spinoff of PB table!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to make a tablescape come to life. I like your table better than the pottery barn table. The colors are so pretty from your china to the runner. You give great directions and the photos are so helpful.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

so so cute, love the bunnies, I think you did a great job with the wreaths....Phyllis

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Such a really good idea to use the grapevine as a placemat! Very clever and creative. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Tardevil said...

Cute table. Even more impressed that you made your chargers!

Tricia said...

How clever you are to make those chargers! I love the look with all the different textures. And that table runner is perfect! The table as a whole is just lovely.

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

I LOVE the idea of using the grapevine wreaths that way!! I'm *borrowing* that idea sometime soon. :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment on my felt flower tutorial!

- Michele

Mimi said...

Adorable table, cute idea for chargers. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle @ Sweet Something said...

Well done! Beautiful table!

Stine in Ontario said...

Your decorations ar very pretty. The table looks lovely.

Sonia said...

I love your table...I saw the Pottery Barn table in my local store...and your table is just beautiful! What a great idea...and I know so much cheaper! Great table.

Miss Bloomers/Sonia

BGndr said...

Sherry, I love the chargers! Nice job!!

Linda Q said...

Such great and creative ideas, just all lovely!
Thanks for sharing,
Linda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so pretty -- I think you did a wonderful job with your inspiration table! Beautiful china pattern!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails