Saturday, March 13, 2010

Silver Sunday

I am joining Beth today for Silver Sunday at her site Gypsy Fish Journal.  Please click on the link and go to check out all the great silver other bolggers are sharing.  I had to get outside and take some pictures.  It has been too pretty not to get outside and expand my backdrops.  Here is one of my favorite backdrops an old pile of bricks.
 Today I am sharing with you a silver sea shell.  I am really not sure if it is a sugar dish or a salt cellar.  I think it would be really large for a salt cellar, so I am leaning toward sugar dish.  It is about 5 inches square.  

It has a removable glass dish on the inside.  It is as pretty inside as outside.  The original sticker "Made In England," is still on the glass dish.  I would think it has never been used.  There are no markings of it's silver makeup, but it was tarnished and I got it to shine up, so it must be at least silver plated.
The little silver shell is begging for a garden tablescape.  It will be my pleasure to enjoy it soon in the garden.  Please go over to Beth's site Gypsy Fish Journal on the link above and view all the wonderful silver.


Maureen said...

I could see that on a dresser filled with pearls and rhinestones. Very pretty.

Theresa @ 612Riverside said...

I've never seen one of those before, what a great find...Theresa

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Sherry, your shell dish is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

Thanks for stopping by my place today! Enjoy your weekend and Silver Sunday!


Gypsy Fish said...

Love that shell! Makes me want summer even more!
Thanks for coming....see you Next month!
{{gypsy hugs}}

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

How creative to use bricks as a backdrop. And the clam is amazing. You are right it would be wonderful in a garden tablescape. Very pretty!

Debra@Common Ground said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love that it's made in England!

Sherry said...

Oh, that is great idea to put it on a dresser filled with pearls! I like that suggestion.
Thanks guys!

Joan said...

Beautiful clam dish, Theresa. I could see you using it in a multitude of ways.

Stop by Applejack Lane if you have the chance.

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! I also think it would be lovely with pearls.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Now we had fresh fried oysters for dinner tonight and I made the tartar sauce...yummy. If I had been having company for dinner I would loved to have served the tartar sauce in that pretty dish of yours. :) HSS

Jane said...

Beautiful piece. I read a couple of the comments above and agree that a strand of pearls would look lovely displayed in the dish.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a great treasure. Where did you find it?

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Love your blog ~ I know what you mean about going outside for backdrops. I have been dying to get out ~alas...still raining. Very pretty dish ~ I could never put food in it:)

Donna Rafferty said...

It's a beautiful piece - I'd use it on my dresser to hold earrings (silver of course)

Enjoy your Silver Sunday!

Sherrie said...

I love your silver piece. But I am a bit more jealous that you can take pictures outside. I have brown grass and rain at the moment. Oh well Spring is coming.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Happy Silver Sunday.

The French Bear said...

Wonderful dish, how lovely to use at Easter time!
Margaret B


Related Posts with Thumbnails