Monday, March 8, 2010

Irish Tea Party

I will be joining Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor today for Tea Time Tuesdays.  Please click on the link and visit her and see all the lovely tea.  I will also be linking this up to Faded Charm's White Wednesday , A Stroll Thru Life's Table Top Tuesday, and Tea Party Tuesday  at Rose Colored Glasses.
Click on any image to view larger
I have been saving this tea set for a special post.  

I purchased this tea set originally for my Mom.  But, Mom if your reading this, the tea set is growing on me and I am not sure I can part with it.  It was just an inexpensive set I picked up at TJMaxx but, I really like the white color and the cutouts that remind me of lace and all things cottage.   Which is absolutely so perfect for an Irish tea.

I am really more of a coffee drinker.  I haven't found a tea that really tasted that good to me and then I tried this tea and I am hooked.  Irish Breakfast tea is stronger and very much to my liking.  I have sliced a piece of Bailey's Irish Cream Cake here to go with it.  And I got out my book about Ireland to have a look.   Please go over to lady Katherine's, Marty's  and Faded Charm on Wednesday and have a look at all the wonderful posts.  Here is the recipe for the cake.

Baileys Irish Cream Cake

  • 1 yellow cake mix

  • 4 eggs

  • 1/2 cup cold water

  • 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur

  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix

  • 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil

  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) GLAZE:

  • 2 oz melted butter

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 1/8 cup water

  • 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur Directions:
    Mix all the ingredients together, except the nuts, until well-blended. Then stir in the pecans gradually.
    Pour cake mixture into greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan and bake at 325° F for 1 hour or until it tests done.
    Heat glaze ingredients until melted. Poke holes in cake with meat fork and brush warm cake with half the glaze mixture.
    Cool cake for 15 minutes and then turn out onto rack. When cake has cooled, brush with remaining glaze mixture.
    Makes 8 servings.
    I would like to thank Colin Bakewell from for contributing this Baileys Irish Cream recipe.

  • I found this and other recipes for St. Patrick's Day at:


    Lady Katherine said...

    Your Tea set is lovely! I would have a hard time parting with it too. lol I do buy things for others,and the longer it stays around,it has to stay with me. The cake looks and sounds wonderful. Thanks for the recipe. Thank you so much for joining me today for Tea Time Tuesday.

    Lady Katherine said...

    PS I never tried Twining Tea, but everyone says their English Breakfast is good. I love my tea strong, I just add a few more teaspoons of tea, to have a strong tasting tea.

    Jane said...

    I love your Irish tea setting. How neat that you made the Irish cream cake to go with it.

    I am so glad you shared and I am excited to see your tutorials at the side. I will be back to read your blog.

    Nancy said...

    oooooohhh...that Baileys cake sounds like it's to die for! I want a piece NOW! I will try this recipe. I love your teapot, sugar and creamer...adorable!

    carolinajewel said...

    I love that tea set and don't know if I could give it away!!! Well, you can always borrow it from your mom. I have made Bailey's Cake before and it is wonderful.

    Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

    What a sweet little tea set! And that bread sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    xinex said...

    Lovely teaset! I have been tempted several times of getting them when I saw them at TJ Maxx. The Irish cake sounds yummy!...Christine

    Lady Katherine said...

    My Mr. Linky with all the blog links went away! I got it fixed can you come back and link this lovely post again! So Sorry!

    marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

    Oh, this just makes me wish I could join you or a cup of tea. Your teaset is so pretty. I love the lace decorations at the top, just lovely. Your cake sounds yummy. Beautiful setting. Thanks so much for joining the party. I am having so much fun. Hugs, Marty

    Martha said...

    What a lovely tea set and that cake is so yummy! I would keep it, too. I often do that -- buy something for someone and then think -- I need one too -- if it is not there if I go back, I keep the first one!

    Rhondi said...

    I am so glad that you joined my tea party today. Your tea set is so pretty and I see why you are having a hard time parting with it. I really enjoy Irish Breakfast tea because it is a nice strong tea and perfect to go with the cake you made which looks yummy!

    Kathleen said...

    I am sure your mom will understand..Mine always gave me the things I admired of hers..
    What a lovely tea you have served..makes these Irish eyes smile!

    Kimberly said...

    Your tabletop look so beautiful. Please take a minute to pop over to my place too. I would love to have you at Terra Del Sole (Land of the Sun). I am a new follower.

    nannykim/spindlecottage said...

    I love the set! I see why you don't think you can part with it! I also love that kind of tea. I would love the cake if my ole cholesterol high body could take it!

    Happy Cottage Quilter said...

    What a lovely tea set. Wonderfully delicious sounding cream cake.


    Duchess of Tea said...

    Darling thanks so much for visiting my cottage and for the kind comment you left behind, much appreciated. I am looking forward to taking tea with you weekly. See you next Tuesday if not sooner.

    Love & Hugs

    Carolyn said...

    That is a cute tea set and the cake looks good too!


    ♥ Sonny ♥ said...

    Beautiful tea set and thank you so much for the recipe.. I dont bake from scratch as I always seem to mess up but a good recipe with a cake mix I can do...I'll try it over the weekend..
    Happy Tuesday

    GardenofDaisies said...

    I was out of Irish Breakfast tea today, so I had some Earl Gray instead... but I did drink from a little irish 'Herself' mug. :-)

    Debra@Common Ground said...

    Love that tea set, the cutwork on it is wonderful! Hope you're having a wonderful WW!


    Related Posts with Thumbnails