I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum today for Foodie Friday . Please click on the link and check out all the great recipes at her site. I am willing the sunshine my way in the form of this Orange Cake. It is a delightful cake that is easy, quick, and delicious with coffee. The original recipe came for The Silver Palate cookbook, but I have changed it a bit.
8 TBS (1 stick) sweet butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
grated zest of 2 oranges
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 TSP baking powder
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 cup fresh orange juice (2 oranges)
2 TBS of Hazelnut Kahlu'a
Orange glaze (Recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
2. Cream the butter gradually add the sugar, beating until light. Beat in the eggs, one at a
time, add the orange zest.
3. Sift the flour with baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with the orange juice to the batter. I poured the Hazelnut Kahlu'a into the o.j. and poured it all in together.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until sides of the cake shrink away from edges of the pan and a cake tester in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 min. in pan, unmold onto rack, and drizzle with Orange Glaze while warm. Cool before serving.
Yields: 8-10 portions
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 TSP Hazelnut Kahlu'a
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Combine orange juice, Kahlu'a, and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a light syrup forms.