Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vintage Valentines

 I am joining Joan at Anything Goes Here for a Vintage Valentine Card Party.  Please click on the link to go see all the Valentines bloggers have linked up. I wanted to share my vintage Valentines with you.  I collected many of these over 20 years ago when I did more antiquing.  I absolutely love old paper of any kind but, these are really special.
This type of Valentine stands up and folds out for some type of 3D display.

This Valentine is around 80 years old.

The wheels fold out to make this one 3D also.
This folds flat to store and the stand in the back opens the Valentine and props it up.

Another example of one that will fold open for a 3D effect.

Here it is folded out.  All the flowers and birds pop out at you.

Here is a post card.

You turn this over and it is dated 2/9/09.....that is 1909.



Have a great Valentine's Day!


Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I tried to add you to my link list a dozen times at least. It won't work. I could add you to my post so I mentioned you there. I don't know what is wrong. Thanks for participating in the party and sorry about the inconvenience.

Next time I do a party I will be using a McLinky so that should take care of this. xo Joan, your hostess

She'sSewPretty said...

♥love♥love♥love♥your Valentines!!

Sandy said...

You have such lovely cards....
Happy Valentines day

Vilt og vakkert said...

If Valentine's Day had been a tradition in Norway back in time, I would have had some cards to present on my blog, but despite the fact that Valentine was European - born in Italy, there was no celebration of "All hearts´ day" here untill ten years ago.
It is mostly the young people who have taken up the custom, and they use facebook or twitter instead of cards. Then valentine cards will never get any cultural significance in Norway.
I have, however, inherited a beautiful Easter card from my mother. It will appear on my blog
at appropriate time... No one sends these cards anymore!
Best wishes for Valentin´s day from me to you all!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Sherry~
Your Valentine collection is magnificent! I love all of the honeycomb and 3-D ones...what treasures! I've been reading your blog...I have the same Holly Hobby doll that my mother made for me on my 18th birthday, She had made one for my niece who was about 5 and I dearly wanted one, too. I still have her. I'll have to do a blog post about her and see how many other people have one!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a fabulous collection. They are incredible
Happy Valentinte's Day.. hugs ~lynne~

Our Back Porch said...

Your valentine card collection is awesome! I have had such fun with this party! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Back Porch Blessings,

Carolyn said...

You have a nice collection of vintage cards.I hope you enjoyed your day.


Paula said...

Your collection is fabulous!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

What a wonderful collection of vintage cards! I loved seeing all of them. laurie

Monica@The White Bench said...

What a beautiful collection! I bumped into those 3D effect cards once only, at the Postcard Museum in Antibes, France. What lucky finds!
Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.
Hope you had a great day!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I wanted to let you know that I featured one of your Valentines in my recap "Favorites" post about the Vintage Valentine Card Party with a link back to you.

I don't know what happened with not being able to load your link in my sidebar. I am so sorry.

I will be using "McLinky" for the next party so hopefully it won't happen again. I didn't have any problem putting it into my post.

Come by and check out the recap. xo Joan, your hostess


Related Posts with Thumbnails