Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tablescape Thursday

I am joining Susan for  Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch.  One of my favorite colors is robin's eggs blue.  I have been wanting to paint a room in my house this color for years.  I haven't gotten around to remodeling the room yet, but I did make a spring tablescape today with that color.
 
I have just a little table for two.  It would be a great table for treating your Mom on Mother's Day.  
 The picture on the wall is framed vintage postcards by Harrison Fisher.  The postcards were printed in a series called 'The Greatest Moments in a Girl's Life.'  I have a whole post about the postcards if you want to learn more here.  
 
The salad plate I bought at TJMaxx.  
 
 
The brown transferware is Royal Stafford.  I got this plate on Ebay.
I made the napkins and the placemats were from TJMaxx also. 
I have often made a chicken in this little dutch oven.  I discovered it is vintage and made by Le Creuset.  If you want to read about this piece you can read here. 
 
The swan is a doorstop.  I think it is too pretty to put on the floor.  
 

This little planter is a McCoy piece.  I love the texture that looks like an old tufted sofa.
 

And last, but not least I set everything up on this little tile top table my husband and I bought when we first got married.  The top is ivory tile with forget-me-nots on each corner tile.  After almost 20 years with 3 rough boys the table has had some wear.  But, I can't get rid of it.


Because one of my two oldest boys crawled under it and wrote I love Mom and I love Dad.
Please go over to BNOTP and see all the wonderful tablescapes.

 

23 comments:

Dining Delight said...

Very pretty robin's egg blue tablescape and I can totally see why you will keep that table forever! You don't get much more sentimental than that!

DD

Nancy said...

I love robin's egg blue too...love your plates you got at TJ Maxx! Such a pretty setting!

Kathleen said...

Such a pretty color! That note is a keeper..I couldn't get rid of it either! :)

Mimi said...

Love your dishes...we thought alike this week!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

So pretty. I love the salad plates. I wouldn't put the swan on the floor either. Rosie

Jeannine said...

Lovely table and cute story about the table. I wouldn't get rid of it either.

Red Couch Recipes said...

The blue and brown look so pretty together. I cracked up at seeing the underside of your table...my kids have also written on mine.

podso said...

Very pretty dishes and nice combined together. I think I have the cup and saucer to go with the (TJ Maxx) plate. :-)

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

Very pretty! I love that shade of blue.

Jane

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a lovely shade of blue! Beautiful tablescape! The table is so pretty, but the bottom is just fabulous where your boys wrote on it!!

Katherine

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Love your blue plates! And love them paired with the brown transferware. I have a few of the brown transferware like yours and love them too.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

love the combination of the blue and brown, and that little dutch oven is so sososo cute...loved all the blue, so pretty

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Your tablescape is gorgeous! Come see me sometime! Would love to have you visit!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very lovely table. I love your brown plates. Everyting looks so pretty.

Tallulah Antiques Closet said...

Great tablescape! And thank you for your vist on W.W. Im glad you liked the urn have a great day. Julian

Allie and Pattie said...

Your table is a family treasure! Cherish it. I love those blue dishes and bought a set myself. And I totally agree your swan shouldn't be on the floor!
xoxo Pattie

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

I loved your little table. I happen to own the blue set too, I bought mine at Marshall's and I love it.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Sherry, This tablescape is gorgeous! This shade of blue keeps popping up in different blogs, and I just love it...on the table, in the dishes and serving pieces it is especially stunning.
♥, Susan

Petite Little Bee said...

Beautiful. Love the swan! Thanks for sharing your Tablescape with us. Cheers, Lia

honeysuckle said...

The shade of blue is so soft and spring-like. I love mixing the vintage, antique and everyday dishes and accessories. I would frame the cute sentiment from your son though where all could see it too. I also posted about blue today!

Rettabug said...

Sooooo soft & pretty....what a beautiful setting!
My DD has that same postcard set framed & hanging in her bedroom. It was an engagement gift from her then future MIL.

I ♥ all your pretty turq. vintage items. Just Lovely!

Entertain Exchange said...

I love those dishes and want to buy them everytime I see them at TJ Maxx. Lovely table!

niartist said...

Love that combination of the blue and brown transferware. Gorgeous, and how sweet! Hard to get mad at them for scribbling when they write something to precious! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails