Monday, February 15, 2010

2nd Time Around

I am joining Diane at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words to show a great set of dishes I found at our local thrift store two weeks ago.  I really liked the shabby rose, which will go so well with a shabby chic style table.
 
I found six plates with out a single chip or flaw of any kind.
 
 
I am not familiar with the company that made this china, marked M.Z. Austria, but sometimes it is so pretty that value is in the eye of the beholder.  I am looking forward to creating  a tablescape with the dishes.  Spring is around the corner and I will love creating some lovely shabby chic style tables.  Please click on the link above and join Diane to see what other great finds and treasures everyone adds.
   

8 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh I just love these sweet rose dishes! I can just see them on a spring tablescape! So shabby chic. I love the scalloped edges and the gold trim! Great find!

Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, those are so BEAUTIFUL!! What a wonderful find!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

I love those dishes! I would have bought them too!

Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!

Troy said...

How unusual, to find six matching plates with no damage to any of them. It was your lucky day.

Anne at Fiona and Twig said...

Oh, I really love those plates! And I totally agree about the value being in the eye of the beholder.

Have a wonderful week!
Anne

Cass @ That Old House said...

Those plates are amazing! Just gorgeous ... just the very definition of "pretty!"

Cass

Anonymous said...

Lucky find! It looks like those plates were made around 1909. You might want to look at these:
http://frenchcupboard.blogspot.com/2009/08/collecting-affordable-german-porcelain.html

http://antiques.about.com/od/researchingantiques/ig/Pottery-and-Porcelain-Marks/M-Z--Austria.htm

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love these dishes. They are so pretty and dainty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails