Monday, February 8, 2010

2nd Time Around Tuesday

I am joining Diane at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words for another 2nd Time Around Tuesday.  I have been looking for a pie plate like this for a few years and last year I found one!  It is nothing fancy just an aluminum pie plate.  The thing I love about it is, the big wide edges that make it possible for you to make those really great homemade crimped edges on your pie crust.
 
 
 
I also have a wonderful old rolling pin to show you.  I think this was purchased at an antique store.  The reason I love this rolling pin is that someone had taken the time to stamp little hearts all around the edge of this roller.   I am pretty sure it is old.  The ends of the pin's handles have copper nailed on it also.  I just love the details someone went out of their way to give this rolling pin.
 
 
Now I have to show you my semi-homemade pies I made last night.  This is quick and easy pie.  My husband and I have debated if it is cheaper to buy a ready made pie from the deli or to just buy the ingredients and make it. I think it is about the same amount of money but you get a tastier pie when you make it semi-homemade and fix it up a bit.  Making it from scratch is always the cheapest but not always possible due to time involved.
 
This is a cherry pie.


This is a blueberry pie.
 

Now here is the best way to eat it.  A little slice of each pie hot out of the oven.
Oops, we forgot the ice cream.:)
Please join Diane at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words for all the second hand treasures.

8 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I really like that rolling pin and your pies look so good!

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Great find in that pie pan. Those are so hard to find. I would love to find a couple myself!

Troy said...

Your pies are making me hungry. Did your new2U pie plate make them taste better?

I've never seen one like that.

Troy

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Cherry Pie!!! My Favorite!! I'll have a scoop of ice cream with mine...Thanks so much! Your's is the second post on sweets I've come across today. I'm sampling at each one....soooo yummy! Love your pie tin...I bet it would look good as a kitchy decor when pieless!!!!

Pat & Ron Harris said...

Great find in those two pieces. I would love to have a pie pan like that and how sweet is the rolling pin with the hearts!! I'll be over soon for a piece of that pie. Yummy. Thanks for stopping by junkblossoms. We hope you'll be back soon. Pat.

The Muse said...

yes, i enjoy the used but worn qualities...
love never dies...:)
great finds, to be sure :)

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Yummy. Love all the vintage items that went into making the pie!

I have added you to the Vintage Valentine Card Party link list on my sidebar.

Welcome to the party. I look forward to seeing your post on the 14th.

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

That rolling pin is a great find.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails