Saturday, January 30, 2010

Silver Sunday

I am joining Beth at Gypsy Fish Journal  for Silver Sunday.   She is hosting this event until February 7th.  Please click on the link and see what other silver treasures participants have come up with.  I am sharing with you today a cake stand I got on Ebay.  It is very practical and very pretty for that special occasion.  
 
 
It has a silver base; as you can see, and a glass top that screws off for cleaning.

The detail on the base is lovely.  
My very favorite way to use it is as a riser when I am decorating tables.

 
Thanks for joining me for Silver Sunday.  It has has proved so popular I believe Beth at Gypsy Fish Journal will be continuing it.
 




















12 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I love that the top screws off for cleaning. That is perfect! Great find...happy SS!

Jane said...

That is a very pretty cake plate. It looked beautiful in the tablescape you pictured.
Jane

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

love it! I's so simple yet pretty. Very nice find!

Gracie Jewellery said...

Very nice. You'll get a lot of use from this. Thanks for sharing.
Nancy

Maureen said...

Love your riser vignette.

Linda said...

Oh I can see how you wanted to get this. It is very pretty and love how the base screws off!

sarahmck said...

Found your site! I love the cake stand that screws off of base. I wished I'd seen that first. I also thought the tray with the world map was very creative. I will try that.

junkdreams said...

What a gorgeous cake stand.....I'll be on the lookout for one!
Happy SS!
xojanis

Gypsy Fish said...

Such a pretty stand! I started to collect cake stands once...but they're way too big for my little kitchen....this one would have been perfect to break down and store in 2 pieces
Thanks for being part of Silver Sunday....see you next week~
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth...

Mimi said...

Lovely cake pedestal!

Kathy said...

I love your cake plate base, Sherry. I have a collection of cake plates so naturally I am interested in yours. I've been looking for something different with silver to add to my collection. I loved your Silver Sunday post!
xoxo...Kathy

FILIGREE MOON said...

Such a beautiful cake stand! So versatile, as your beautiful images portray. ~ Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails