First I took muslin and draped it over the chair to make a pattern.
Traced the chair on the muslin.
This is my pattern for the back of the chair. Cut it larger for seam allowance and marked the center. I am sure you can tell at this stage neatness didn't count.
Did the exact same for the seat to make a pattern, marking corners of seat with x.
So, there you have your patterns and you now lay them out and cut them out.
I have the front pinned to the back of the slipcover and I am having a little fitting.
Now the real fitting.
I sewed the ties on, hemmed it and the top was done.
I guess I fell out with taking pictures because I didn't have any of my making the seat cover, but here it is finished.
I am going to make slipcovers in a cream linen. This slipcover was just a test run to see if I liked the look. This should update my chairs and give the room a fresh look. Please join Susan over at her site for more before and afters for lots of great ideas. Thank you Susan for hosting this.