Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cocoa Brownies

I am joining Michael at Designs by Gollum  for another Foodie Friday.  Please click on the link and go see what other wonderful dishes everyone is cooking up.  Well, with Valentine's Day almost here I can't help but think of chocolate recipes.  I have already seen some wonderful brownie recipes.  I am going to add my brownie recipe because it is so practical.  Raising a family and cooking daily for years you get the proverbial request out of someone that they want something chocolate.   So, over the years I have learned to scour the cook books in search of chocolate that can be whipped up with cocoa and other ingredients I have on hand.  I got this recipe right off of the back of the Hershey's cocoa container.  The other great thing about this brownie recipe is it is generous, no small wimpy 8"x8" pans for this family.

Brownies
Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
2 TSP vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 TSP baking powder
1/4 TSP salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9x13 inch pan.  Microwave butter until melted. Mix in sugar and vanilla.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition.  Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; mix until well blended.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into pan. Bake 30-35 minutes.  

6 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

There's nothing like a brownie to win a man's heart for Valentine's Day! I love the heart sprinkles and beautiful plate.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Brownies are a favorite with my husband! I will have to be sure and make these for him. Thanks for sharing your recipe. It looks SO good.

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Very festive... love how you dressed the brownie up.

:)
ButterYum

Tammy518 said...

These look really good and I love your pretty plate also.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Not only does the recipe sound rich and delicious, the brownies look so festive with the teeny red hearts. I love this.

Janean said...

ooooooooooooooh...i'm there, chickie!