leftover candle jar
spray paint in metallic finish, gold or silver
glitter in coordinating color to your paint
clear acrylic sealer in matte
I had a candle jar left over from fall that I thought I would recycle for a holiday table. I am not the first person to try this, but it saves a glass jar from going in a landfill.
- Take a leftover candle jar and completely remove the label.
- Then take a can of silver/gold spray paint and give it a light coat. Let it dry according to directions.
- Spray only the exterior of the jar not the interior.
- Then use school glue and cover the entire surface of the jar lightly.
- Next, sprinkle the entire exterior surface of the jar with glitter.
- Let the jar dry throughly.
- The final step is to lightly apply a clear acrylic sealer (matte) all over the exterior of the jar. Allow that to dry according to directions.
I lit my jar with three tea light candles and placed it in a tablescape. So, very inexpensively you can add a nice glow to our holiday table.