Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

I am adding my tablescape to Susan's Between Naps on the Porch
68th Tablescape Thursday.  This is so exciting!  Thanks Susan for hosting this post.  

I only did one place setting and the centerpiece I might put with it.  I say, I might put with it, because I could easily see how I might change this every time I would do it.  This is my first tablescape in a while.  
     
Ironstone plates: Domestications
Transferware:  Royal Stafford
Sliver: English Gadroon-Gorham
Goblet: Wilton Armetale
Wine glass: thrift store


   I wanted a woodland theme so I perched this little mushroom bird on the coffee cup.  The bird really blended in nicely with the ironstone.  I really love the subtleness of monochromatic color schemes. 

I looked everywhere  for a bronze colored deer for this tablescape.  My four-year-old saw this and pointed it out for me.  This would be a really nice table for anytime in the winter.  Thanks for stopping by my blog and looking at my tablescape.  
 







5 comments:

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I wanted to thank you for visiting me! Your rich greens are beautiful in your tablescape and I love the little bird sitting on the cup.

In answer to your Disney question...our family has always loved Disney. We took the kids almost every year (and no, we don't live near there) and they loved it so much that my daughter moved there the day after she graduated from college. After doing a college internship, she knew that her dream of working for Disney was something she reallly did want to do. So, we are there multiple times a year now and this will be her 3rd Christmas working there (and our third spending Christmas in a hotel)! It is funny, we do it very differently now that we can go in the parks free and we are there so often. It is still a magical place for us.

Sue

Sherry said...

Ohhh! How cool!! My husband is soo jealous. We have taken our kids there many years in a row also, and we live 1,000 miles away from Disney.
It is wonderful to visit what we call the Disney bubble!:)

Kathy said...

Hi Sherry, happy TT, your table setting is so pretty with the greens and pinks, love your transferware with those dishes and the little bird and coffee cup, what a great idea and to add the place card there too. look forward to seeing more of your creations, Kathy.

Deanna said...

Lovely setting for Tablescape Thursday. Enjoyed seeing what you have graced for TT.

God bless,
d

Sarah said...

Pretty tablescape. How nice to have a 4 year old who knows what Mommy is looking for. I agree this table would nice for any winter dinner. ~ Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails