When I watch movies it always fascinates me when I see a house that is especially appealing. I can first remember hitting the pause button when I watched Home Alone. I went on the internet to research this topic and I began to type in some of my favorite movies with great houses and the same name kept popping up, Nancy Meyers. Funny how when you discover something you start to notice it everywhere. I went on to reread my Holiday Edition of Traditional Home magazine and there Ms. Meyers is again. Nancy Meyers is know for being a director with an eye for design. Nancy Meyer's latest movie is in theaters now. It's Complicated stars Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin. The movie features a 1920's Spanish-style ranch that Streep's character is remodeling. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I can't wait to check it out. There is also a long list of stunning homes in the rest of Nancy Meyer's movies. I am sure you will remember them as I run through the list.
- The Holiday: Kate Winslet's English Country Cottage and Cameron Diaz's LA mansion
- Something's Gotta Give: Diane Keaton's Hamptons Beach House
- The Parent Trap: Dennis Quaid's Napa house
- The Father of the Bride: Diane Keaton's and Steve Martin's home
- Baby Boom: Diane Keaton's Vermont Home
- What Women Want: Helen Hunt's New York apartment
- Private Benjamin: Goldie Hawn's French Chateau